• undergraduate.jpg
Home Admissions Undergraduate Degrees Post Admission Admissions Undergraduate Degrees Post Admission EU - Undergraduate


EU students (regardless of where they live) and non-EU students residing in Italy (i.e. holding a valid permesso di soggiorno) are required to comply with the following procedure:



    If you are eligible for admission, the International Admissions Office will inform you sending an e-mail to the address you indicated on the online application (remember to check your spam box as well!). The e-mail will outline:
     The conditions (if any) that will have to be satisfied in order to enroll;
     The instructions to pay the first installment of the tuition fees in order to accept Cattolica’s offer and reserve a place on the indicated degree program.

    Your place on the program of admission will be confirmed only after the payment of the deposit is received.


    Upon completion of your high school studies, please contact either the Italian Consulate/Embassy of jurisdiction in order to request the Dichiarazione di Valore of your Diploma, or CIMEA (the Italian ENIC-NARIC centre) to request the "Statement of comparability" of your diploma.

    The Dichiarazione di Valore in loco (DV) is an official document which provides a short description of your qualification, its validity in the awarding country to academic and/or professional ends, and the legal status of the awarding institution.
    In order to request the DV, you have to contact the Italian Consulate/Embassy in the country that awarded the qualification. For example, if you studied in a British school in Ghana, you should refer to the Italian Embassy in the UK. In countries where there are several Italian Embassies (eg. Turkey or the USA), you should refer to the Consular office which is responsible for the state/region where the school is located. In a few countries, the Istituto Italiano di Cultura may be responsible to collect candidates’ DV request and documents on behalf of the Embassy. You can find a list of the Italian Consular offices here

    Please note that Italian Embassies/Consulates usually require that diplomas are legalized (1) by the relevant local Ministries and translated into Italian before they are submitted for the DV issuing. It is important that you verify the procedure in place directly with the Consular office of jurisdiction, as it may autonomously require additional documents and/or steps with respect to those established by the Italian Ministry for Education (2).
    Please find the list of the documents that are generally required:
     Only for non-EU students residing in Italy: copy of valid permesso di soggiorno;
     Università Cattolica’s admission letter;
     High school Diploma; 
     If you studied less than 12 years of global schooling: transcript of records issued by a recognized university (please see: entry requirements);
    ■ University-entrance examination certificate, if this applies in the country where you graduated (please see: entry requirements).

    If you hold one of the following qualifications, check the specific requirements for enrollment:
     International Baccalaureate (IB): before IB results are released, candidates must request to have their transcript of grades sent to Università Cattolica. Our IB code is 001623. The DV is not required.
    ○ G.C.S.E. and G.C.E. (UK): the final score must be released by the relevant examining board and sent directly to our office.
    US High School Diploma: SAT and AP final scores myst be released by the College Board and sent directly to our office (code 7414).

    It is also suggested that you apply to the Italian Consulate for the issuing of your “Codice fiscale” (Italian tax registration No.) . It is a 16-character alphanumeric code issued free of charge to identify Italian nationals and foreign residents. You need to have your own "codice fiscale" to enroll in any Italian university, open a bank account and sign any type of contract (rental, phone line, ...).

    The enrollment procedure opens in July and closes before the end of September. Your enrollment to Università Cattolica will be possible only if the above mentioned steps are completed.

    If you applied for a transfer, you will need to ask the university you studied at to send the official transcript of academic records directly to our office via mail in a sealed and signed envelope.

    Università Cattolica schedules a number of Orientation events every year in the months of September and October in order to provide new students with useful information to start their academic experience. Updates be available in the "Program dates" section of each bachelor webpage.


(1) Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a public document is genuine. It does not authenticate the content of the document. Legalisation is usually required by Italian authorities before they will allow a document issued in a third country to be used for official purposes in Italy. If your country signed the La Haye Convention of 05/10/1961, the competent authorities will stamp the Apostille on your qualification. In other countries, specific Ministries are appointed to legalise documents through a stamp. If you studied in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Germany, Austria or Estonia legalisation of documents is not required according to international agreements.

(2) The official government Guidelines for admission are published at this link in Italian only.




Home Admissions Undergraduate Degrees Post Admission Admissions Undergraduate Degrees Post Admission EU - Undergraduate

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site